‘Will Hike For Beer’ Vertical Challenge
- Entry for 1 (skimo or heavy metal)
*Heavy metal division is for all skis (and snowboards) wider than 85mm under toe. Skimo is anything below 85mm)
- $30 —– Entry for 1
*Youth 15 & under always race for $15
- Entry to race
- Baxter Outdoors: multi-use bandana buff
- Day-of race snacks and water
- Other Baxter Outdoors swag (i.e. stickers, magnets, etc)
- One beer ticket per lap climbed (must be over 21)
- 9:00am: Race registration opens
- 9:45am: Race registration ends
- 10:00am: Course is open to racers
- 12:00am: Last racer to begin course
976 Saddleback Mountain Road, Rangeley, Maine 04970
*Parking and bathroom facilities available at venue
The top finisher in each age/gender category will be recognized
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Tickets are fully transferable
- All racers must sign a liability waiver prior to competing.
- All ages are welcome to race, though those under 18 y/o must sign a liability waiver on the day of the event in the presence of a responsible adult.
- Course is subject to change based on trail and weather conditions
- The race will be run snow, rain or shine except in the presence of lightning or dangerous cold, in which case a race delay or cancelation may result
- A cut off time for racers may be enforced.
- In the instance of the race being canceled due to an act of god (blizzard, hurricane, etc) a refund will not be issued. This is very unlikely.
- In the instance of the race being canceled due to shortcomings of Baxter Outdoors, a full refund will be issued to all participants.
This course is designed intermediate and expert atheletes alike. You should not sign up for this race unless you have uphilled before and understand the levels of exertion and fitness required to climb up a mtn like Saddleback. That said, this is a very moderate ascent that can be tackled by just about anyone with some experience on uphill gear.
Similar to other live events (concerts, sporting events, etc), all sales are final. If you will not be able to make your race, you are more than welcome to give your ticket to a friend or family member. Please contact our office with any issues or questions.
All ages are welcome to attend this event. Depending on the venue, age restrcitions may apply if there is a bar.